Alternative opam repositories

Hi,

At OCamlPro, we are in the process of adding opam support to Software Heritage (see the announcement).

Thus, we’d like to know what are the alternative opam repositories for which it would make sense to be added to Software Heritage. So, if you can think of any repository, tell us here. :slight_smile:

Thanks !

1 Like

I am not sure if it fits the bill, but there is the large opam repository for Coq packages: http://coq.inria.fr/opam/released

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly the kind of things I’m looking for. Thanks!

I was not previously aware of the Software Heritage project, thanks very much for posting on it. :slight_smile:

You may find it useful to search for opam-repository on GitHub, via Search · opam-repository · GitHub – there are quite a few custom remotes.

When you assemble a list for Software Heritage, I’d also welcome a PR to the ocaml/opam README file with a few pointers to other remotes. Also, can the Software Heritage archive be used as an alternative mirror by opam, if the original releases disappear from the web?

Thanks ! I’ll add the list to opam’s README.

Also, can the Software Heritage archive be used as an alternative mirror by opam, if the original releases disappear from the web?

It is planned. :slight_smile: