OCaml Workshop 2020 Online Conference is live now

The next talk in our Workshop is Irmin v2!

3 Likes

OK, its time for some math, get ready for the next talk by Markus Mottl (@mmottl) “AD-OCaml: Algorithmic Differentiation for OCaml”. The talk has French subtitles, thanks to the hard work by Enzo Crance.

3 Likes

Our third session is dedicated to OCaml experience. The first talk is about the smart contract language1 SmartPy which uses OCaml underneath the hood. It will be presented by Sebastien Mondet (@smondet) and the talk title is “OCaml Under The Hood: SmartPy”.

Please enjoy!

1)a library in fact :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The next talk describes the challenges of expressing OCaml in SDF3, named Declarative Syntax Definition for OCaml.

3 Likes

And the next talk is about bringing the virtues of the dynamically typed languages to statically typed OCaml. The talk is presented by Patrick Keller and is titled “LexiFi Runtime Types”

2 Likes

And the next and the final talk of the Workshop is is presented by Paul Steckler and is titled “Types in amber”.

This is not the end of the workshop however, after a short break we will reconcile in the Recitation Session and repeat the first session, along with the keynote speech, for those who weren’t able to join us on the first time slot (i.e., if it was too early or too late in your time zone)

1 Like

The recitation starts in five minutes, and we will be revisiting the first five talks, including the keynote talk. Please join us with questions and comments. Post them here or on the youtube channel, or in clowdr/zoom if you’re in the conference right now.

2 Likes

And there is currently a repeat of “API migration: compare transformed” happening, with Zoom chat and questions about it in about five minutes.

2 Likes

And here comes the repeat of the OCaml-CI : A Zero-configuration talk, by @talex5 :

1 Like

Please welcome the next presenter, if you haven’t already, with the talk titled, “The final pieces of the OCaml documentation puzzle”

1 Like

And now really the final and closing talk of our workshop, which will teach you about Parallelising your OCaml Code with Multicore OCaml :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a page linking to all the videos? I would like to include it in the next OCaml Weekly News.

OCaml 2020 All Videos

2 Likes

I know it is OT, sorry, but how/where can I find the OCaml Weekly News?

I’ll take this chance to thank @ivg and all the other people that contributed to the workshop, it was very enjoyable and informative!

2 Likes

Unless face surgery made huge progress recently, I think Sébastien Mondet is presenting the work on SmartPy :wink:

3 Likes

Indeed! That was a great talk and definitely not by me: I had missed my mention there :joy:

1 Like

Ahaha, shame on me) The posting is corrected.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the link!

They are online at http://alan.petitepomme.net/cwn/. You’ll find links for RSS or mail subscription there as well.

1 Like