Announcing a new maintainer for Lwt

I am pleased to announce that Raphaël Proust (@raphael-proust) is taking over as maintainer of Lwt.

Raphaël Proust is a long-time Lwt contributor. Outside the repo, he has released several libraries using Lwt, and has written a very helpful Introduction to it — among other output. He is currently working at Nomadic Labs.

21 Likes

I’m happy to join the maintenance effort on Lwt. I first used it during an internship in the Ocsigen team. Later, when @antron modernised the code and the doc, I started to look at the internals and contributing irregularly. More recently, I started working at Nomadic Labs and ended up releasing some Lwt-adjacent libraries on opam and spending a bit more time on Lwt’s sources.

15 Likes

Thank you for taking on this effort @raphael-proust! And for your documentation and library contributions around it leading up to this point.

And thank you @antron for your incredible work in cleaning up and documenting Lwt. It’s made a a really big difference in Lwt’s approachability.

7 Likes

Welcome @raphael-proust! Didn’t you help me write this classic Mirage Lwt threads tutorial waaaay back in Cambridge? I’m looking forward to helping you with the planning to evolve Lwt towards multicore support.

And a huge thank you to @antron for his efforts with Lwt over the past few years. It’s a core library to many of us (MirageOS certainly wouldn’t exist without it), and Anton’s clear communications and signposting of breaking changes has gone so smoothly that we’ve barely noticed them. Certainly for me, it has been a learning experience to see how well he managed such evolution for a widely used project across the OCaml community.

His work goes beyond ‘just’ the core Lwt distribution: I’m excited about the prospect of making the libuv-based luv bindings the basis for Lwt IO, which will bring a number of portability benefits especially on Windows.

6 Likes

I think I provided proofreading on the Lwt part but I don’t think I wrote any/much of it.

And a huge thank you to @antron for his efforts with Lwt

I would probably never have looked at the inside of this library if it were not for these efforts.