Opam package popularity?

Is there someplace a database of opam packages and their popularity? Obviously it’d be inaccurate, but it’d still be interesting to see which packages are most-often downloaded via opam …

2 Likes

The listing at https://opam.ocaml.org/packages/index-popularity.html has the download counts (I think for the latest month, not sure if that means past 30 days or since the start of the current calendar month) as title attributes on the table rows.

4 Likes

Nice! Thank you! I see that the most popular package is one I didn’t know anything about (but by a well-respected author!) I’ll have to check it out, just to see what it does. Sweet!

I think it resets at the beginning of each calendar month. So you can try releasing a new package at the beginning of the month and achieve instant fame :wink:

It would be nice to display the count, also basic statistics, like in crates.io, with graphs.

1 Like

Those statistics are taken from the opam.ocaml.org repository (default opam one). They are calculated each day, on the basis of the last 30 days (or last 7 days for front page stats).