Is anybody maintaining ulex-camlp5 ? using ulex-camlp5?

I’ve released a bugfix release of Camlp5 (8.01.00) that breaks backward-compatibility for a part of the API; the package ulex-camlp5 is affected, and I’ve tried to contact the maintainer to send them a patch. The dev-repo listed in the opam file no longer exists, and since I haven’t received a reply, I wonder if anybody’s maintaining it. If not, I’d like to take it over, b/c why let something lapse when it’s a 4-line patch to keep it working.

Does anybody know if it’s still being maintained?

When searching for the ulex-camlp5 package on Github, I get redirected to ocaml-community/ulex so this is probably the best bet. However, it doesn’t look particularly maintained, as is unfortunately the case with a lot of packages in that organization.

ulex-camlp5 was updated recently, it is developed on a separate branch: GitHub - ocaml-community/ulex at camlp5

I think if you open an issue there or send a PR, somebody will look into it

Hi Chet, I have maintained the camlp5 branch of ulex for the last few years, mostly because matita (not in opam) was depending on it. However, it seems that everybody has moved to sedlex by now and I finally took the time to do the same for matita as well.

If you want to take over the camlp5 code, coordinating with Catherine, on ocaml-community, I think that you are the most qualified to do so. I have the impression that there are no other users left, though.

| sacerdot
April 5 |

• | - |

Hi Chet, I have maintained the camlp5 branch of ulex for the last few years, mostly because matita (not in opam) was depending on it. However, it seems that everybody has moved to sedlex by now and I finally took the time to do the same for matita as well.

If you want to take over the camlp5 code, coordinating with Catherine, on ocaml-community, I think that you are the most qualified to do so. I have the impression that there are no other users left, though.

Claudio,

By some chance do you have any working examples of usage of ulex ? I looked around a little in the repo, and couldn’t find any ? If there are literally no users, then yeah, it’s probably not worth keeping it going. But if you have a few examples I could turn into some unit-tests, then I’d be OK with updating it and maybe postponing the decision to let it die for a few years …

I will send you by mail some source file in use.