What is/should be the proper capitalization of OPAM?
- The website uses OPAM, which is visually striking but somewhat outdated (not as archaic as O.P.A.M., but not much younger than COBOL);
- The 2.0 release e-mail uses opam, which is surely modern, but too similar to npm and other packaging tools, which are not always known for their long-term stability;
- A tradition I’ve seen in some English abbreviations is to use uppercase only for the first letter of each word, which would result in OPaM;
- As a standard proper noun (since OPAM is not an acronym, due to the “A”), Opam would be suitable, helping distinguish it from other words in a phrase;
- Finally, following the OCaml tradition of having two uppercase initials (forcing users to deactivate auto-correct on Word), OPam would be a logical choice.