- Integration of system dependencies (formerly the
opam-depextplugin), increasing their reliability as it integrates the solving step
- Creation of lock files for reproducible installations (formerly the
- Switch invariants, replacing the “base packages” in opam 2.0 and allowing for easier compiler upgrades
- Improved options configuration (see the new
- CLI versioning, allowing cleaner deprecations for opam now and also improvements to semantics in future without breaking backwards-compatibility
- opam root readability by newer and older versions, even if the format changed
- Performance improvements to opam-update, conflict messages, and many other areas
This 2.0.9 version contains back-ported fixes, you can find more information in this blog post, especially for fish users & sandbox updates.
Tremendous thanks to all involved people, all those who’ve tested, re-tested, tested again, given feedback, commented on issues, tested, tested, tested again…!
The opam team