[ANN] 2nd editor tooling dev-meeting: 25th of July 🧙

After the success of our first public dev-meeting, we are organizing the next one on the 25th of July at 5pm CEST. Whether you are a long time maintainer, an occasional contributor, a new comer, or simply a curious passer-by, please feel free to attend!

:sparkles: We have two talks scheduled for this session:

• @octachron will present his work on having structured compiler output
  • @nojb will present “typed grep” an tool used at LexiFi to search by type in the codebase.

:clipboard: Meeting agenda:

• A tour-de-table to allow the participants that wish to do so to present themselves and mention issues / prs they are interested in.
  • Talks and Q&A
  • Discuss issues and pull requests that were tagged in advance or mentioned during the tour-de-table.
  • Discuss possible alternative meeting hours.

We’re looking forward to meeting you!

Meeting link: https://meet.google.com/zhn-giws-gnu
Calendar event:
Previous meeting notes are available in Merlin’s repository wiki.

9 Likes

The meeting :film_projector::camel: is today at 5pm CEST. Feel free to attend and follow @octachron and @nojb presentations :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

G’Day Dr. @vds , I am sorry for missing the meeting due to a Webinar that I had to attend on automating analog integrated circuit design.

If possible, can you please kindly share a poll that we can vote on possible meeting times?

Thank you so much, and have a good day! Ciao!

Thanks a lot to all participants and speakers, it was a very nice and interesting meeting !

You can find the meeting notes here: Public dev‐meetings · ocaml/merlin Wiki · GitHub

With the summer (/winter) break coming for a lot of us, the next meeting will take place in September. We will implement a call-for-presentation and a poll to choose meeting times by then.

Don’t hesitate to tell us right away if you would like to give a presentation or if you have subjects that you would like us to take on. (@andreypopp would you be interested in talking about melange and how it integrates with editor tooling ?)

1 Like

Thanks for the notes! As mentioned, we will make the code of the grep tool available somewhere. I will post back here once it is done.

Cheers,
Nicolas

4 Likes

Thanks for bringing Melange up :slight_smile: Andrey shared with me this thread. We are happy to share the way we use Melange with editor tooling at the moment. It’s not very ideal (as it’s based on Dune’s copy_files when “universal” code is involved) but it could be useful to understand the current limitations and share the plans to improve it in the future (mostly this proposal by @anmonteiro: ocaml/dune#10630).

The only constraint might be calendar / schedule: September will be a busy month in terms of OCaml events :camel: but once the definitive meeting date is shared we will confirm.

2 Likes