Which categories to create in the site

There was a discussion on the private ocaml slack channel about adding a section regarding papers (if people are interested). Something where relevant papers can be posted and discussed, explained, pre-reviewed, and where the discussions can be human readable also for non academically cs-trained people.I think that such section is probably of interest to more people than me and I don’t think it would start by itself until it is clear that there are accessible discussions on papers (I did not notice the one on multicore for example until it was posted on slack).

On thing that I like of the slack channels is that papers are often posted. As an example, there was a very nice and readable one about the use of algebraic effects to implement exceptions and concurrency. This was not directly about OCaml, but was really interesting and well written, and probably relevant in view of Multicore (I know, it’s a bad example, we are back to multicore :P).

Having a papers category could push people to post these kind of things here and start some interesting discussions and/or clarifications. But we have to see first if there is enough interest

1 Like