Greetings! I created this site in response to to a thread on the Caml-list requesting that the beginners group be moved on from Yahoo.
As such, there are a few sub-communities in OCaml that have expressed interest in using a modern, asynchronous, discussion mechanism. So now that this is setup, we need to figure out what categories to setup, and who will administrate them. Please free to comment on this, and I will edit this post as the discussion evolves.
We should use just a few categories to start with, and split up busy topics at a later date. Having said that, some structure is useful, and these initial categories are being set up. Bear in mind that we can rearrange all of this while the site is in beta.
- Learning: @bobzhang is currently admin of the Yahoo list and @objmagic @vramana @dra27 have expressed opinions below. There is a beginners category setup now.
- Core/Async: @Yaron_Minsky has opened this up. @avsm @SanderSpies are refreshing Real World OCaml v2 at the moment and may store feedback here.
- Web: @bobzhang @vramana for the web ecosystem.
- Web/Ocsigen: @Vincent_Balat for the Ocsigen ecosystem.
- Web/Bucklescript: @bobzhang @vramana for the web ecosystem.
- Build: @Yaron_Minsky and @avsm have opened this up.
- Lwt: @aantron, Lwt maintainer has opened this.
Still being discussed
- OPAM: as opam2 is round the corner, this could be a good place to post higher level updates on the OPAM repository and bigger package updates.
- Multicore: @kayceesrk would like an area to discuss multicore OCaml developments.
Not being done at the moment
- Infrastructure: to replace the existing (and underused) infrastructure list. This one is too vague at the moment so we will come back to it when the rest of the forum settles.