Friday 03/04 Intern presentations -- open attendance!

Hello!

This is Aya, one of the three Outreachy interns working on OCaml this winter :camel: After 3 very fast months, our internships are already coming to a close. We have had such a great time working on our projects and learning OCaml that we want to hold an event to mark the end of the internships, and we decided to open it up to the community :tada:

As you might have seen in the initial announcement, @pitag @shonfeder @gs0510 @tmattio and @pkel all volunteered to mentor us from December 2021 to now. Thank you all so so much for mentoring us and introducing us to OCaml :heart: :fire: It’s been such an enjoyable experience!

We are inviting anyone who is interested to attend a virtual session of 3 short presentations on Friday, March 4th, 4-5pm CET (we will post the link to join on Thursday). There will be time for Q&A after each presentation, and the whole session will be recorded and posted online shortly after as well.

We hope you can make it!
-@ayc9 @SaySayo @JiaeK

25 Likes

I’m really looking forward to it! Thanks for the announcement, and to all the mentors for their great work contributing to our ecosystem! :heart: :camel:

5 Likes

do you have :camel: stickers for your laptops and office doors at outreachy? If not, I’d be honoured to send some to the office: 🐫 OCaml Stickers via 🐌 βœ‰οΈ

5 Likes

We are actually all remote and spread out across the world – Outreachy is a fully remote program! But I would love to get some stickers and just filled out the form :innocent: (conveniently it’s just the start of the month today) What a nice offer!

2 Likes

Me too, I would love to have some stickers! Thanks for the perks, @mro :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:bangbang: :warning: Here is the link to join us for the presentations at 4PM CET: http://meet.google.com/tee-tpuc-bgk :arrow_left: :arrow_left: :arrow_left:

7 Likes

Thanks again for organizing this! It was very nice to see the presentations, and I hope we keep doing this for OCaml internships in the future.

7 Likes

Here is the link to the video recording of the presentations! Thanks again to everyone who attended :pray: :tada:

12 Likes

Due to some reshuffling on watch.ocaml.org, the posted link is no longer valid and the video is now available here: Outreachy Presentations for the December 2021 Round - Watch OCaml