(filled, posting is no longer open) Threat research engineer job, Endgame, US

NOTE: This job has been filled. Thank you to all who showed an interest!

Our research team at Endgame has a position open for a threat research engineer (summary below). We have offices in Arlington, VA and San Francisco, CA. Distributed US applicants are welcome too! Please see the posting for more details: https://www.endgame.com/careers/threat-research-engineer-1

Language-wise, OCaml/Reason makes up most of the core code you’ll be working on. Python makes up most of the rest, in particular taking advantage of the machine learning and natural language processing goodies that ecosystem provides. All or almost all tools developed are internally focused, supporting our security research. For those so-inclined, there are lots of opportunities for presenting at and attending conferences, presenting work in blog posts, contributing to open source software projects and other community engagement.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions. I’m available on the OCaml or Reason Discord servers or by email (my username here at endgame.com).

Summary from the official job listing:

Endgame is seeking a Threat Research Engineer in our Research and Development team. Our threat research engineering work is experimental as well as applied, with a focus on collecting and processing massive quantities of data on a continual basis, underpinning and enabling Endgame’s advanced computer security research. You develop and maintain our data ingest and processing pipeline, comprised of commercial, open source and internally developed tools. You identify and implement improvements to our internal services, infrastructure, data sources, data collection and analysis tools in close collaboration with researchers and other Endgame teams. You also work to automate the creation and evaluation of our malware classification and other machine learning models. In short, do what’s required to keep the research flowing.

2 Likes