I am happy to announce the first public release of
framework to create, use and share binary packages with opam:
With opam-bin, you can :
- build binary packages while installing their source counterpart with opam
- automatically reuse previously created binary packages instead of
compiling them again
- export and share your binary packages as part of opam repositories
for other users/computers to use
opam-bin is a framework in 3 parts :
- a tool
opam-binto create binary packages:
- a set of patches to make some packages relocatable (
apply them automatically when building packages):
- a set of contributed repositories of binary packages. For now, there
is only one “example” (
https://www.origin-labs.com/opam-bin/debian10.4-amd64/ ) but we hope
more people will contribute them in the future.
This is the first public release, it should be considered as a “beta
release”, though we have tested it a lot in the last days.
opam-bin is a collaborative work between OCamlPro and Origin Labs.