[ANN] opam 2.0.1

We are pleased to announce the release of opam 2.0.1.

This new version contains mainly backported fixes, some platform-specific and some opam specific. You can find more information in this blog post.

opam is a source-based package manager for OCaml. It supports multiple simultaneous compiler installations, flexible package constraints, and a Git-friendly development workflow.

4 Likes

FYI: brew users just have to run upgrade, it was added a few hours ago.

3 Likes

Sadly, I haven’t updated MacPorts yet because I’m getting a bizarre error with the result…

$ opam --version
$ opam upgrade   
opam(44003,0x112e675c0) malloc: can't allocate region
*** mach_vm_map(size=259407338536550400) failed (error code=3)
opam(44003,0x112e675c0) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Fatal error: out of memory.

Help fixing this is actively solicited. I’ve never seen anything like it.

The problem proves to be hard to reproduce, so for now, MacPorts has also been updated to supply opam 2.0.1; updating as usual will get you the new version.

If anyone else manages to reproduce the failure above, please get in touch!

I just stumbled across this thread because I had the above mentioned out-of-memory issue on MacOS. My opam was installed with Homebrew and for some reason I had an old opam 2.0.0 binary stuck in my ~/bin which was getting picked up on PATH before the newer opam. Getting rid of that binary and using proper opam 2.0.3 fixed the issue.

It’s possible it’s an issue with glib because I noticed that got upgraded by Homebrew soon before I noticed this issue.