I would like to announce the release on opam of forester 2.3. Forester is an OCaml utility to develop “Forests”, which are densely interlinked scientific websites / Zettelkästen similar to the Stacks Project or Kerodon. An example of a “Forest” is my own website.
This is a major release involving changes to the command line interface, among other things. Please see the full changelog for a detailed description of the changes. Below I give a brief summary:
- The existing behavior of the
forestercommand is now located under
- A new
forester newcommand to create the “next” tree under the base-36 tree addressing scheme.
- A new
forester completecommand for completing tree titles, to facilitate tool support.
- Rudimentary support for emitting XML attributes.
- Subdirectories of input directories will now be traversed automatically; note that the tree address model remains flat, and subdirectories are present only for convenience.
- Added a nicer command line interface with
- I have migrated much of the system code to use the experimental Eio library for improved portability.
- The example forest has been removed from the main repository, and moved into a separate template repository.
My thanks to Armaël Guéneau, Riley Shahar, and Masanori Ogino for their contributions of code and ideas that made it into this release.