V3.ocaml.org: we are live!

For commercial products logos are almost certainly used after sign-off from marketing department of the corresponding company. For ReScript, I happen to know that their website source code has a section where people send PRs to add their companies’ logos: History for src/common/OurUsers.res - rescript-association/rescript-lang.org · GitHub

If we have the equivalent, then I’d say that’s fine. I wouldn’t even say we need a success story, just sign-off to use their logo to promote OCaml.

1 Like

Does this blog replaces the one that was found at The OCaml Planet? If so, I would like to include it in the OCaml Weekly News. Is there an associated RSS feed?

Does this blog replaces the one that was found at The OCaml Planet? If so, I would like to include it in the OCaml Weekly News. Is there an associated RSS feed?

It does replace the OCaml Planet yes, although we have much fewer RSS sources than the previous feed.

It’s a good opportunity for me to call for contributions again: if you have a blog where you write about OCaml and would like to include it in the new OCaml Blog, please don’t hesitate to add your RSS feed to the list of feeds at https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/blob/main/data/rss-sources.yml.

There’s no RSS feed for the OCaml Blog at the moment, but it shouldn’t be difficult to add one. There’s an issue to track this here: RSS feed for OCaml Blog · Issue #453 · ocaml/ocaml.org · GitHub.

Re including the OCaml RSS feed in CWN, this sounds very nice! We actually wanted to add the CWN posts in the OCaml Blog as well (as you might remember from our emails from a few months ago ;)), we didn’t get to it before launch, but still definitely on the roadmap!

1 Like

Very nice update!

I noticed that the build time graph doesn’t show any unit, which is a bit surprising as we can’t really see if the build time is really fast.

1 Like