V3.ocaml.org: getting ready to launch

Great work everyone the new site is fantastic.
Suggestions in no particular order:

• the results of a package search should be more compact and include extra metadata like last updated and usages. How do I find the popular Postgres bindings that are maintained?
  • the tags on packages like graphql on dream 1.0.0~alpha2 · OCaml Package should link back to a list of similarly tagged packages.
  • reverse index of author to packages, I can click on the author of a package but it goes back to the package page.
  • the README and documentation tabs for packages is great, however there should be an option to override it when an author has put extra effort into building a standalone site. eg Dream — Tidy, feature-complete web framework
  • How can people contribute to the COMMON TASKS section in Learn OCaml @tmattio ?
  • Add nix and Bazel to the Other build systems section. If they’re actively being used?
  • When browsing the docs for a package it would be great to navigate to the code for a function or module. I’m sure this isn’t an easy thing to do but I use it all the time in Haskell docs

That’s everything I have. Again super work I love the new site.

5 Likes