[ANN] opam-check-all: Are your packages broken for the upcoming OCaml releases?

Are you sure ? I just tried locally and it installed without problem (and git log -- packages/ocaml-manual tells me it has not been altered since published).

mmh weird, I can install it locally but the archive checksums are all over the place:

• Checksum required: 1649c91a84fd35444192d6a55f932939
  • Checksum from the upstream-archive: 724ac6f96f019999cb83d95adafdda8e
  • Checksum from the opam-archive-mirror: f872fc1411f8190ebc59343c84d464b4

Thanks for your work @kit-ty-kate! I’m trying to figure out why benchmark 1.3.1 (for example) is red on OCaml 4.06.1 despite the constraint available: [ ocaml-version < "4.06.0" ]. Any help will be appreciated.

I confirm this. There seem to be a serious opam issue here I opened opam 2.0.0~rc archive checksum checking problems · Issue #3401 · ocaml/opam · GitHub better not fix the checksum for now so that opam devs can investigate.

That’s great thanks!!

Would be nice to have a different color/status for solver errors (like in http://51.145.134.72/4.05.0/bad/datakit-ci.0.9.0)

@kit-ty-kate In fact it’s not a bug. It’s consistent with what is in your local cache or the online opam v2 cache (which is new to me). See this comment on the issue.

Are you pulling your packages differently ?

As an illustration of this issue, filter for different build status and you’ll notice that lambda-term.1.13 is missing despite the fact that it doesn’t build in 4.05 and 4.06.

The service now has a proper domain name: http://check.ocamllabs.io/

1 Like

@kit-ty-kate At which rate are the results regenerated ? Also indicating the state of the opam-repository (e.g. git hash) you used to make the results would be nice.

So now that apparently js-of-ocaml was constrained it would be nice to have a more precise notion of “not available”. On this page vg is not available on 4.07.0+beta2, but that’s because one of its dependencies (js-of-ocaml) is not.

As an opam package maintainer, I would be OK to receive an e-mail if any of my packages becomes broken because of a new compiler version.

4 Likes

@kit-ty-kate At which rate are the results regenerated ? Also indicating the state of the opam-repository (e.g. git hash) you used to make the results would be nice.

The server is now up and running again. The results are generated every other day and a link to the git hash is now displayed on the right-hand side.

2 Likes

This tool is just AWESOME. Thanks a lot @kit-ty-kate!