I’m happy to announce the first release of PGX on opam. PGX is a pure-OCaml PostgreSQL client based on PG’Ocaml.
Since the fork, we’ve made the following improvements:
- More tests (80% coverage on the latest commit)
- More consistent use of async API’s (we do our best to never use synchronous API’s)
- Addition of Pgx.Value for hopefully easier conversion to and from DB types
- Safe handling of concurrent queries (not any faster, but they won’t crash)
- Improved interface for prepared statements to make it harder to use them wrong
- We include Pgx_async, Pgx_lwt, and Pgx_unix (synchronous) so you don’t have to write your IO module (and possibly get it wrong)
- Probably other things I’ve forgotten by now
We’re still looking for feedback on the API and pull requests are welcome!