[ANN] dead_code_analyzer 1.2.1 and 1.3.0

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce 2 releases of the dead_code_analyzer (available via opam) :

  • Release 1.2.1 includes a collection of bug fixes and strengthens semantics. This release is compatible with OCaml 5.3.

  • Release 1.3.0 is an update of 1.2.1, which extends the support to the range OCaml 4.14 - 5.5. There are a few known result inconsistencies between OCaml <= 5.2 and >= 5.3, tracked in this issue. They mostly affect the optional arguments sections.
    Because OCaml 4.14 is supported by this release 1.3.0, the dedicated branch that was available on my fork will be deleted.

Thanks to David Maison, @sim642, @kit-ty-kate, and @nojb for their contributions, reviews, and feedback.
Thanks to LexiFi for its funding!

If you have used/use the dead_code_analyzer, I would love to hear about your experience and usage. Feel free to post here, send me a DM, or an email at corentin@fantazio.eu. It would help prioritize future developments and I might summarise the feedback in an article, a presentation or the documentation.

If you encounter any issue with these releases, please report it on the github repository.
Feedback and contributions are welcome.

14 Likes